Sunday, 24 April 2011

VEx April Contest - The Half-Made World


The world is only half made. What exists has been carved out amidst a war between two rival factions: the Line, paving the world with industry and claiming its residents as slaves; and the Gun, a cult of terror and violence that cripples the population with fear. The only hope at stopping them has seemingly disappeared—the Red Republic that once battled the Gun and the Line, and almost won. Now they’re just a myth, a bedtime story parents tell their children, of hope. To the west lies a vast, uncharted world, inhabited only by the legends of the immortal and powerful Hill People, who live at one with the earth and its elements. Liv Alverhyusen, a doctor of the new science of psychology, travels to the edge of the made world to a spiritually protected mental institution in order to study the minds of those broken by the Gun and the Line. In its rooms lies an old general of the Red Republic, a man whose shattered mind just may hold the secret to stopping the Gun and the Line. And either side will do anything to understand how.

Courtesy of Tor Books, I have a hardcover copy of Felix Gilman's Fantasy Weird Western The Half-Made World to give away. To enter, just leave a comment on this post! Only entries with an e-mail contact on your profile or typed-out, will be eligible. I will draw a name out of the top hat at 12:00am, Sunday, April 24th.

And the winner is... Finn! Do check your inbox for a message. To everyone, thank you again for all your support and stay tuned for further contests!

10 comments:

Vicente L Ruiz said...

OK, please count me in again. I just love your choice of books... ;)

Niko said...

Ooh, that looks good. Count me in.

I can't remember if my email's in my profile, but you can use nikosilvester at hotmail dot com if it isn't.

Finn said...

Oooh! Please count me in. I can be found at leahhagan at gmail dot com.

Akula said...

count me in also

Motman said...

I'll give it a go.

Seak (Bryce L.) said...

Awesome giveaway, this is supposed to be pretty good.

seaklos(at)gmail.com

lordofthewaters said...

Once again count me in please.
gothick@bellsouth.net

Esther said...

Wow this sounds excellent. Please count me in.

eshchory AT gmail DOT com

Ophiucha said...

Sounds like it could be good. :)
ophiucha.gaunt@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Me too! pixieflyingfree at yahoo dot ca