Saturday, 27 March 2010

VEx March Contest - League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Vol. 1 & 2



According to Steampunk Scholar Mike Perschon, Jules Verne gave his tortured mariner a respite... A mysterious island where the vengeful monster could be put to rest and the man of science allowed to live. This month we will be exploring Disney's rehabilitation of Captain Nemo, but we're going to begin with a giveaway of his denial by Alan Moore.

March's contest will be for volumes one and two of Alan Moore and Kevin O'Neill's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. I'm also throwing in the America's Best Comics 64-Page Giant, which features the LoEG game. These are the original issues I collected and loved a decade ago, all first printings and in generally pretty good condition. Now it's time to lighten my own load and pass them along to someone who can enjoy them just as much and who maybe wasn't around at the time.

To enter, just leave a comment on this post and ensure that your e-mail is linked to via your Blogger profile. The draw will be at midnight on March 27th. Good luck and thank you for your continued patronage of Voyages Extraordinaires: Scientific Romances in a Bygone Age!

The Results: Congratulations to Yazir for winning the prize for March! But once again, I don't have our winner's e-mail! Yazir, to claim your prize, drop me a line via the link in my Blogger profile. If the prize goes unclaimed by this time next week, I will have to draw again!

14 comments:

Alcebiades Diniz said...

LoEG is a must!

Niko said...

I first read these in TPB, so it would be cool to see each individual issue. I love those covers!

Motman said...

That would be impressive. I understand there were some Victorian style ads that were not in the trade paperback.

Tori Lennox said...

I've never read them, but I've wanted to for quite some time.

faye said...

How lovely! I just read the first one a few weeks ago and haven't been able to pick up the second yet.

ArtSnark said...

fantastic!

Der Geis said...

I, too, have original copies of these comics, carefully protected in plastic, as well as the compiled graphic novels which I will periodically read through again.

I run the video room at a Pittsburgh SF convention (http://www.parsec-sff.org/confluence/) and have planned that the 2011 theme will be steampunk. I have given away prizes in the past (often VHS copies of the movies I have since gotten on DVD) and, should I win these issues, they will be given away as a door prize.

brink. said...

Oooo...i love extraordinary gentlemen. And leagues of them...

wilbarr said...

Yay

Yazir said...

Fine addition to my collection. Count me in

Mary said...

Wonderful - I've enjoyed reading the comics, but do not as of yet have copies of my own...

Jonathan Rose said...

The League is a tour de force on par with Kim Newman's Dracula series. Muched enjoyed and loved.

dholloway720 said...

Kevin O'Neill has been one of my favorite artists since I first noticed his slightly odd take on Judge Dredd when he first started drawing him for 2000 AD, followed by the awesome Nemesis. Alan Moore may bring the narrative, but without Kev the League could never have happened. I have the scans, but actual physical comics I can share with my grandkids! I will be looking forward to the results while building my 'Disney Experience' paper Nautilus model ("be extremely careful while using the X-acto blade!").

Yazir said...

Hi I send you an email to collect the price!
Thanks! Your blog is amazing!