Thursday, 3 July 2008

Bang! Howdy



If one is looking for a nice middle road between reading or watching movies about a fantastic, stream-driven march West and actually taking an expensive real-life excursion down to Arizona, USA or Alberta, Canada, finding yourself an enjoyable little online video game may fit the bill. Thankfully, that is what one finds in Bang! Howdy: "fast paced tactical strategy fun in a wacky Wild West world."


Some dramatis personae.


Perhaps they slightly overestimate how fast paced it is, since there are plenty of moments in the heat of battle where both you and your adversaries are waiting on their movement cycle recharging. Nevertheless, they haven't overestimated the fun of setting your dirgibiles and steam-tanks to rustle cattle and gun down clockwork outlaws. Unfortunately, like most of these sorts of games, you can log in for free, but if you want to really get anywhere or stock up your character, you're going to have to put out some hard cash.

If this sounds like your sort of thing, however, then head on over to Bang! Howdy.

7 comments:

The Infernal Mr Adams said...

I'm going to feature this on the Weird West Emporium on Friday if that's OK! I can't believe I forgot all about it.

Reading up on it though, its seems like Its starting to go onto a down slide of sorts...there are a couple of new towns that have been in the works for WAY too long and everyone is getting bored of waiting...but maybe this is the time to start playing, when it isn't overcrowded! heehee :D

Cory Gross said...

Go for it! I stopped playing myself, just because I'm not dedicated enough to games to pay for them (says the guy who just bought a Japanese Saturn and all the Sakura Wars games for it). I am going to be reviewing a spin-off of Bang! Howdy in a few months during my own Wild West month.

The Infernal Mr Adams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Infernal Mr Adams said...

There's a spin-off? Strange for a game that seems to be increasingly unsupported. Of course Bang Howdy seems to be very popular among those who play it.

When are you planning on doing your Wild West Month? I can promote it at the Emporium when the time comes.

Cory Gross said...

There is! I only found it by accident on Newgrounds... Bang! Heroes.

My Wild West month won't be until May or so... Of course, I'll have a lot of Western content in my Disney month right before that too...

The Infernal Mr Adams said...

Ok...Bang! Heroes is a LOT of fun..Thank you for the heads up!....Ive been playing for about 2 hours now :D

And then I found Corpse Craft...

Cory Gross said...

Oh man, Corpse Craft is a goodie...