Friday, 20 June 2008

Airship Musicals

Ah, the airship... Romantic in every sense of the word. On the one hand, they are filled with the wonder of flying above the clouds. On the other, they're great for impressing girls.

At least, that's what is implied by this bevy of airship musicals composed in the wake of the Wright Brothers. These songs from the 1910's were ruthlessly pillaged from Rosebud's WWI and Early Animation Image Archive, as found through Paleo-Future. You can also hear renditions of several of these, and many more, at The Airplane in Song.






2 comments:

Biblioadonis aka George said...

Airships impress the ladies?

I have got to get me one of those!

But seriously, why have I *never* heard of an airship musical?

Cory Gross said...

I don't know why... Maybe you're not quite nerd enough ^_~

They're cute though... "Come Josephine in my Flying Machine" is on my regular iTunes mix of oldies (oldies being 1890-1945 ^_^).